Residential Care Homes in Arlington
- Abiding Joy Senior Care. 1133 Ridgewood Terrace, Arlington, 76012. Tel. (682) 365-0263. Dave Raschio, Owner. Capacity is 3 residents, private rooms, private bathrooms. Rates are contingent upon level of care but generally start at around $2,000/month and go up to around $4,000/month. The co-owner (Dave's wife) is a Registered Nurse. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.ajoyliving.com
- Angelic Place, 2300 Park Run Dr., 76016. Tel. (817) 457-8600. Brenda Myers, Owner. Capacity is 6 residents. Email email@example.com Website www.theangelicplace.com
- St. Joseph's Haven, 3620 Sunset Ln, Arlington, 76016. (817) 548-7211. (Elva spoke to a woman from Mansfield whose mother lived here with 11 other women and loved it. Acreage, dead-end street, and she said the cost was less than many others they checked into.)
Independent living apartments (subsidized) for older people which take Section 8 vouchers.
- The Claremont. 971 East Sanford St, 76011. Tel. 817-226-6633. Age-restricted 55+. Housing Choice Vouchers (aka Section 8) accepted. Single person's income must not exceed $24,700/yr. Pets up to 25 lbs accepted ($500 pet deposit). Free/reduced group meals are provided. Rental rates (either $586 or $696/month) can be seen by clicking this link http://www.theclaremont.us/floorplans.htm
- The Magnolia. 709 Magnolia St, Arlington 76010. Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) are accepted.
Affordable Independent Living Apartments (unsubsidized)
- Avion Village (operated as a non-profit), 800 Skyline Rd, Grand Prairie, TX. Apartments and stand-alone houses with rents of $450/month which includes electric and water, you pay for gas. Small 1 BR 1 BA places (some have 2 BR). Wait list. More info at their website at this link https://www.avionvillage.net/
- Minka Houses designed by Dr. Bill Thomas, renowned Harvard-educated geriatrician and international advocate for making housing choices for older adults better (he founded the Eden Alternative www.edenalt.org/ and The Green House Project www.thegreenhouseproject.org/ ). His latest concept is a tiny house called the Minka House. More info at this link myminka.com/homes/ . Their Facebook page can be seen by clicking this link bit.ly/2LnPj7a