We are located in Arlington, Texas, but our work is not limited to just Arlington. We are interested in working with, learning from, and sharing with communities nearby and far away. Please use the "Contact" tab above to send your thoughts about unmet needs of older adults and your innovative ideas about how to best fill the missing pieces to make life beautiful for all older adults. Or add a comment on the Blog tab. Thank you for your interest, time, and commitment to make Arlington and surrounding communities as good as practical. No city is perfect and we have room for improvement.
- Advocating for a new "Active Adult Center" (senior activity center) in Arlington.
- Researching innovative and little known intra-Arlington transportation options.
- Advocating for Universal Design Principles (or "Visitability Standards") for new residential construction.
- Advocating for a "Take Me Home Program" to return disabled older adults safely to their homes, even if they don't know or can't speak their name/address. Applied for a grant so that UT Arlington's Computer Science & Engineering Department can develop a "facial matching" enhancement to the original database.
OUR ACTION TEAM LEADERS:
- Community & Civic Participation: Richard & Sharron Merrill (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Health & Social Services: Sylvia Allenbach
- Housing: Sandee Reutebuch
- Transportation: Peggy Masters
- Volunteerism Darla Peznell