1. Announcements. I gave a quick rundown of ongoing projects by our Ambassadors' Action Team Leaders:
2. Tips & Tricks. I gave some tips on what to say (in lieu of platitudes such as "I know how you feel" when you're in the presence of someone who is grieving a loss:
3. Afternoon Main Topic: End-of-Life Documentation. Space limitations prevent summarizing all that we talked about yesterday regarding certain end-of-life forms such as a Medical Power of Attorney, Advance Directive, Durable Power of Attorney, Last Will & Testament, Payable-on-Death bank accounts, Transfer-on-Death deeds, Out-of-Hospital Do Not Resuscitate. Complex situations probably require the services of an attorney, but below are links to websites with Forms and more information (and if you have any questions or need any clarification about what I said, feel free to email or call me):
4. Second Speaker. Jennifer Flynn, Coordinator of Volunteer Recruitment for Meals on Wheels told us about Meals on Wheels and the great work they do for residents of Tarrant County. She mentioned that they are always looking for more drivers and there are ~6 locations in Arlington where volunteers can pick up meals to deliver. If you'd like to volunteer, Jennifer's email address is email@example.com . We talked briefly about Meals on Wheels case managers who, upon request, can analyze a person's medications for 3+ prescriptions to ensure that there are no unexpected interactions among the drugs and that the patient is not unknowingly taking two doses of the same drug (possibly different names/trademarks) prescribed by different doctors. I also found a website on the Internet today where a person can enter their own prescriptions to check (free). Click on this website to do it yourself https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php [Note: at the next AFAW Afternoon Meeting, I intend to talk about various health matters, including some research on prescription medications which I found very interesting and I think you will too.]
5. Announcements from the Floor:
Elva Roy is the Lead Ambassador of the all-volunteer group "Ambassadors For Aging Well" which meets in Arlington, Texas.